Rochford District Council is the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018.
The Data Protection Officer for the Council is Angela Law and can be contacted on DPO@Rochford.gov.uk
Why do we need your information? (The purpose and lawful basis for processing data)
- Service Delivery
- Monitoring of projects
What information we are collecting?
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Medical conditions – Walking for Health
How is it being collected?
- Application forms
How will it be used?
- Organise Civil Ceremonies
- Organise, monitor and evaluate projects
Who will the information be shared with?
- Civil Ceremony data is not shared
- Health Walk data is inputted onto a central database administered by Ramblers Walking for Health programme
- Anonymised data is shared with funders.
Retention Period of the data
- Walking for Health – once inputted online the data is destroyed
- Funded projects – dependent on funder’s requirements
- Civic Ceremonies – after 1 year
The GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018 allows you to find out what information is held about you on paper and electronic records. In order to do this you can submit a subject access request to the Council’s Data Protection Officer. This service is free of charge.
In some circumstance where the information provided may be restricted, for example, where it contains confidential information about another person, where it will cause serious harm to your or someone else’s physical or mental well-being or if the information we give you may stop us from preventing or detecting crime.
In addition, you have the following rights:
- Ask for information to be changed if it is factually inaccurate
- Ask for information to be deleted in certain circumstances such as the purpose for which the information was provided in the first place is no longer relevant, where you withdraw you consent (unless there is no other legal reason for us to use it), we are legally required to deleted information.
- Ask for the information to be transferred back to yourself or another service provider. This only applies if we are using your information with consent and not if we are required by law to do so or if a decision was made by a computer and not a human being.