We offer a pre-application advice service to support your licensing application ranging from alcohol licensing to animal welfare licensing.
The aim is to help you to anticipate and fix any problems with may arise during the application process. However, our advice cannot prejudge the outcome of the licensing application, especially if representations are received and a hearing takes place before the Licensing Sub-Committee.
Our pre-application advice service offers:
- Advice and assistance with completing application forms
- Advice on appropriate conditions taking into account the type and style of the operation intended at the premises, its location and in consultation with Environmental Health Officer and other relevant responsible authorities.
- Advice on drawing up plans to accompany the application in accordance with the relevant regulations
- Advice on nominating an appropriate designated premises supervisor
- Assistance with completing the statutory notices and advertisements
- On site visit(s) to ensure plans are compliant with regulations
- Advice on matters you may need to consider to assess possible noise transmission to neighbouring properties, dependent on the type of operation proposed for the premises
- Advice on how to produce a Event Management Plan
The fee for this service is £35 per hour plus VAT
For schools, churches and registered charities, there is a concessionary one off fee of £35 plus VAT.
Please email the Licensing Team using this form for more information or to arrange an appointment