Well Homes Grant (Discretionary)
The grant is available to owner- occupiers including mobile homes situated on sites licensed by the council for permanent residential use.
A grant will not be given if any previous assistance has been given and the conditions remain in force
The owner occupier must prove they have lived in their current dwelling for a minimum of 2 years prior to date of application and be in receipt of income related benefits.
The grant is available for essential repairs to the structure of the dwelling; these include but are not limited to:
- Repairs to roof, gutters and drainage
- Electrical repairs
- Repair/replacement of windows, doors, ceilings and floors
- Repair/replacement of heating system
- Provision of energy efficiency measures
- Works to maintain the structural stability of the dwelling
- Making good steps/patios
Typically non qualifying works
- Costs of materials for DIY projects
- Making good poor workmanship
- Repairs/improvements to porches, conservatories or garages except where the defect has a serious and direct impact on the health and safety of the occupant(s)
- Works that are eligible for grant funding under any Government scheme or programme
- Works to the dwelling where, having regard to its age and condition and to any other relevant information, the awarding of a grant is not considered appropriate
- Works subject to an insurance claim
The grant is not subject to a full financial means test however the owner occupier must be in receipt of one of the following income related benefits in order to be eligible:
- Housing Benefit
- Income Support
- Guaranteed pension credit
- Income based Job seekers allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working tax/Child Tax credits where income for tax credits is below £15,050 per Annum
Proof will be required.
Please contact email@example.com for further information and an application form.