Coordinated by four South Essex Local Authorities; Ready to Rent aims to encourage good practice in the private rented market by giving approval to lettings that meet a management code of practice and property standard.
Ready to Rent is available to Landlords of empty properties (including non-licensable HMOs) only.
Rewards and benefits
Lettings in the scheme can benefit from the following incentives:
- All officers carrying out the inspections are experienced and fully trained under HHSRS
- A certificate of quality and professionalism for a period of 3 years
- Access to the councils’ bond and rent deposit schemes where available.
- Confidence at the start of a tenancy that the property is free of category 1 housing hazards
- Certification may provide supporting evidence if faced with action under the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018.
The Ready to Rent application form gives more details about the scheme.
Fee to be paid by contacting Customer Services using this form
If you would like to find out more or become an approved Ready to Rent Landlord, please contact your local council office listed below.
- Rochford: email@example.com
- Castlepoint: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thurrock: email@example.com
- Basildon: firstname.lastname@example.org
No guarantee is given by the Council that the property will satisfy the individual requirements of any particular tenant nor that the property complies with all current statutory requirements.