Local elections took place in the Rochford District for one Councillor for each of the 12 contested wards on 2nd May 2019. The results can be found in the Related Content section along with the result for Foulness & The Wakerings District ward which was not contested. The results for Little Wakering Parish ward and Stambridge Parish can also be found here.
European elections will take place on 23rd May. The Notice of Election can be found in the related content section along with a link to Chelmsford City Council where the Regional Returning Officer for Eastern Region is located.
Changes to polling stations
This year there will be some venue changes to a small number of polling stations for the European elections:
- Voters who previously used the King Edmund School will now be able to vote at theParish Centre, St Teresa of the Child Jesus, Ashingdon Road
- Voters who previously used the Village Hall in Hawkwell Can now vote at the White Hart, 274 Main Road, Hawkwell
- Voters who previously used Pope John Paul 2 Hall, London Road, Rayleigh can now vote at Grange Community Centre
- Voters who previously used the Women’s Institute Hall, Bellingham Lane, Rayleigh can now vote at the Rayleigh Parish Centre, Rectory Garth, Rayleigh
This is in addition to changes that had recently been made to other polling stations in the district, these being:
- Voters in Barling Magna who have previously used All Saints Church polling station will now be able to vote at Barling Magna Parish Hall, 432 Little Wakering Road SS3 0LP.
- Voters in Stambridge who have previously used Stambridge Memorial Hall polling station will now be able to vote at Harold Rankin Pavilion, Stambridge Road SS4 2AR.
- Voters in Rochford who have previously used Watermans Primary School polling station will now be able to vote at St Marks Hall, St Marks Field SS4 1PT.
- Voters in Rayleigh who have previously used Oaktree Family Hub, Grove Wood Primary School polling station will now be able to vote at The Rayleigh Lodge Ember Inn, 70 The Chase SS6 8RW.
- Voters in Hockley who have previously used Greensward Academy polling station will now be able to vote at Hockley Evangelical Church, 19-21 Greensward Lane SS5 5HD. Voters should note that due to restricted access on site car parking is limited to Blue Badge holders only.
Your polling station will be open from 7am until 10pm on election day (Thursday 23 May). Your poll card will include details of your named polling station. A full list of polling stations will be available in Related Content.