This information will be updated for the 2021 Census in due course.
Joint Strategic Needs Assessment
Essex County Council has published the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) for the first time on the Essex Open Data platform. The JSNA summarises information from several different data sources, to provide an assessment of the current and future health and wellbeing needs of the county’s communities.
All the data used in the reports is available in the form of interactive dashboards, enabling anyone to pull out the insights of most interest to them on topics such as:
- Health outcomes of the local population (including mental health), for example length and quality of life
- Health behaviours, such as diet, exercise, smoking and alcohol consumption
- Communities’ access to care and the quality of life
- Wider social and economic factors, such as income and education, that affect our mental and physical health
- Insights into the local physical environment that impact on our health