The relationship between poor housing conditions and poor health is well documented. It is vital that issues such as disrepair, excess cold and risk of falls are dealt with, to protect public health, minimise nuisance and improve “the quality of life for people in the District”
We work to improve the health, safety and well being of our residents in a number of ways:
- Investigate complaints of disrepair in privately rented accommodation
- Offer advice
- The inspection and risk rating of Houses in Multiple Occupation
- The maintenance of an up-to date register of all empty homes targeting long-term properties to bring them back into use
- Provide means tested Disabled Facilities Grants for those who need to make adaptations to their homes
- Well Homes grants for essential repairs to owner occupied homes
- Empty Property Grant
- Work in partnership with Castlepoint Council and Southend Borough Council to host forums for landlords and agents
- The inspection of licensed caravan sites
- Harassment or Illegal Evictions
Please note: If your landlord is a Housing Association you should use their complaints procedure before approaching us for assistance.
If you require further information please contact us on : 01702 318111 or email us using this form.