The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 placed new responsibilities for emergency planning on all local authorities within England, Scotland and Wales.
Rochford District Council has an important role in the event of an emergency occurring within the district. The council works with the emergency services and all the other local authorities in Essex, to ensure that we are prepared to respond and assist the communities we serve in time of need.
The information contained within this section has been produced to help you to prepare for and protect yourself, your family, and your property in the event of a major incident.
Rochford District Council Contacts
- Switchboard - Tel: 01702 546366
- Emergency Planning - Tel: 01702 318132 Direct dial office hours only.
- Out of hours - Tel: 01268 527317
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essex Police (non emergency) 101
- Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (non emergency) 01376 576000
- NHS Direct 111
- If you smell gas - National Grid 0800 111 999
- For power cuts call 105
- Essex and Suffolk Water 0800 526337
- Anglian Water 08457 145 145
- EDF Energy 0800 783 8838
- Environment Agency Floodline Direct 0845 998 1188
- Environment Agency incident hotline 0800 807060
- Qinetiq (MOD Shoeburyness) - 0800 0560108