Skip to main content

Births, Deaths and Bereavement

If a child has been born or a death occurs, in Essex, then you should register the birth or death in the Essex registration district. Alternatively, you can attest a declaration in the presence of any Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages in England or Wales.

We understand that bereavement is a painful experience. Essex County Council have experienced registrars that are there to help you through the difficult job of registering a death or stillbirth. Be reassured that you will be dealt with sympathy and understanding at such a difficult time.

The links help to explain the procedures you have to go through.