Skip to main content

Community Care and Social Care

In this section you will find information regarding community care for the elderly, adults and children. Essex County Council provide health and social care for Essex and you can find links to their website below.

Many of us will need a helping hand with everyday tasks at some point in our lives. You may have an impairment or illness, or you may look after a child or adult who cannot look after themselves. This may be someone who has a physical or learning disability, or someone who is elderly.

Whoever they are, they may be able to get 'community care' - help that can include anything from meals on wheels to temporary or permanent stays in a residential home.

Please visit the links in Related Content for further information