The winners of the Rochford District Business Awards 2023, received their awards at a glittering ceremony held Thursday night in Apton Hall, Rochford.
The awards, held in association with Toomey Motor Group, recognise and celebrate the achievements of the District’s business community. The Council received more than 60 nominations across the ten award categories.
Cllr Danielle Belton, Portfolio holder for Finance, Economy & Climate, said:
“Congratulations to all the winners. This was our first business awards, and I am delighted that we had this opportunity to celebrate the hard-working companies in our district. Our local business community responded brilliantly. A huge thank you to the Toomey Motor Group and to all our other sponsors.”
The winners in full:
- Vinney Wall, from Swiftclean UK Ltd was named Apprentice of the Year
- The Community Impact Award, sponsored by Castle Point & Rochford Health & Wellbeing Board was won by Gossip of Great Wakering
- Employee Contribution of the Year award was given to Toby Scarisbrick from Wayland Games
- Miah Henley was named Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by Colbea.
- The Environmental Impact Award, jointly sponsored by Colbea & REBA, was picked up by Elysium Refill.
- Innovative Business of the Year, sponsored by Oxford Innovation Space, was awarded to Monitor Audio Group.
- Seasons in Thyme was named Micro Business of the Year, sponsored by 3 Chambers.
- The SME of the Year, sponsored by Federation of Small Businesses, was awarded to Hanningfield Process Systems Ltd.
- Social Enterprise of the Year was named The Design Cabin Community C.I.C.
- Start-Up Business of the Year, sponsored by Backing Essex Business, was awarded to VR Escape.
The ceremony, held on the evening of Thursday 26 January at Apton Hall, was also supported by The Flower Basket and Tina Wing Business Photography.
Look out for photos and video of our winners on our website and on our social media.