- the sale of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshment;
- betting, gaming and lotteries;
- making charitable collections;
- carrying out motor salvage operations or scrap metal dealing;
- street trading (including use of pavements) and for sex establishments.
- acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin colouring, cosmetic piercing and electrolysis (Information can be obtained from the Environmental Health Department)
- operating animal boarding establishments, pet shops, riding establishments and zoos; for dog breeding and keeping dangerous wild animals
All departments can be contacted by writing to Rochford District Council, 3 19 South Street, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1BW or by visiting the council's offices during normal office hours (it is advisable to make a telephone appointment to ensure you are able to speak to the right person when you visit).
If you have a complaint about the operation of any premises for which a licence, permit or consent is required from the council please contact the appropriate department above. The council also welcomes any complaints or information concerning unlicensed activity.
Please note that whilst a complaint can be made anonymously, it may attract a lesser priority than one where we are able to communicate with the sender.
It should be noted that the information provided in any application or correspondence with the council will be held on computerised and manual files, subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act. The data may be disclosed to other departments within the Council or other organisations, but only in order to ensure compliance with relevant legislation or to detect and prevent fraud or a crime.