Skip to main content

How to report a street scene problem

Rochford Council Highways Ranger Service

The Highways Ranger Service previously undertaken by Rochford District Council on behalf of Essex County Council Highways will cease to operate from the 1st April 2024.

These operations included vegetation clearance, weeding, cleaning and minor repairs on footpaths and alleyways, repairs to roadside verges, painting of street furniture and the removal of graffiti on road signs.

Any queries relating to highways vegetation, or those works listed above works will need to be reported to Essex County Council Highways report a problem web site at

Rochford District Council still undertakes grass cutting on Highways Verges only on behalf of Essex County Council Highways, including rural verge cutting.

For any street scene enquiries please use the online form or for anything urgent e-mail and you will be contacted.

Report litter, dog fouling, fly tipping and more.

We urge you to report street scene problems to us. This means we can investigate and solve the issue as soon as possible..