Rochford District Council provides over 1200 off-street car parking spaces in twelve Pay & Display car parks across the district. Operational times and tariffs for these car parks can be found via the Related Content section.
Please ensure you purchase a PayByPhone session or a ticket.
While the purchase of a ticket using cash is possible, it is advised that the PayByPhone payment option is used to avoid queuing and contact with coins and the ticket machines.
If you haven’t already registered, full information is displayed on the machines and notice boards. To save time, please register on-line before your visit on the PayByPhone website.
If you don’t have a Smartphone, you can still use the service by calling 0330 400 7275 and follow the prompts to enter your details and complete the payment.
Customers are reminded to follow the Government’s social distancing advice in the car parks.
- PayByPhone – the machines display full details explaining how to pay using your mobile phone. It will cost you no extra to PayByPhone as the Council will pay the convenience charge. However, if you opt in for text receipts & reminders you will be charged 10p for each. No need to display anything on your windscreen as your registration number and expiry time will appear on the Enforcement Officers’ handhelds. Please see Related Content for more information and to register.
- Linear charging – What this means is that if you do not have the exact coinage and have to ‘overpay’ for your chosen tariff, you will receive any extra paid as time on your ticket. This will be calculated relative to the next time-band and will mean our customers receive better value for money.
Condition of use
Drivers are required to park wholly within a marked bay and purchase a ticket or parking session using one of the payment options. The ticket should be displayed clearly on the dashboard or windscreen of the vehicle to enable it to be checked by the Civil Enforcement Officers. The conditions shown on the information boards adjacent to the ticket machines must be complied with or a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued. Motorists may transfer their vehicle to an alternative car park within the expiry time of the ticket purchased (check to see if the car park has a limited stay designation). Please note this option does not apply when using the ‘Pay By Phone’ facility as the details submitted are car park specific.
Blue Badge holders
Blue Badge holders must display their badge when using one of the designated bays.Blue Badge Holders will be required to purchase either a ticket or a ‘pay by phone’ session. However, providing the badge is displayed in the vehicle, Blue Badge holders will be allowed an extra hour beyond the expiry time. All Blue Badge holders may use the designated disabled bays or any other bay if these are unavailable.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Electric Vehicle Charging points are available in the following Rochford District Council car parks:
- The Approach Car Park, Rayleigh - 2 x Fast chargers
- Websters Way Car Park, Rayleigh - 2 x Fast chargers
- Market Car Park, Rayleigh - 1 x Rapid charger, 1 x Fast charger
- Back Lane Car Park, Rochford - 1 x Rapid charger, 1 x Fast charger
- Southend Road Car Park, Hockley – 1 x Rapid charger
- The Freight House, Rochford – 1 x Rapid charger for Taxis and Private Hire vehicles
All charge points have a dedicated bay that can only be used by electric vehicles that are plugged into the charge point.
Pay & Display charges apply to all Electric Vehicles, please see notice boards in car parks.