Essex Youth Service are working in partnership with Noo Yu CIC and have commissioned a free ASDAN accredited life skills and boxing programme run once a week in the Rochford area for young people age 13-19yrs old. 10 week of 90 mins Life Skills and Boxing Programme which provides participants with valuable life lessons such as respect, self-discipline, commitment, emotion regulation, willingness to learn and a real feeling of self-worth using boxing as the method of delivery.
This is an educational establishment free of charge to schools and young people.
The link to the Essex County Council Alt Ed Provision Directory is below:- https://schools.essex.gov.uk/pupils/Education_Access/Pages/Alternative-P...
The venue for the Rochford life skills and boxing programme will be: -
The start dates of the Rochford life skills and boxing programme will be: -
Session are on Monday
Time: - 10:00 am -11:30 am
September 23rd, 30th
October 7th, 14th, 21st
Half term breaks
November 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Award presentation December 9th.
What has Essex Youth service commissioned:-
• Young people will receive an ASDAN accreditation in boxing and certificate demonstrating their understanding of exploitation.
• Underlying risks to young people that can lead to them being susceptible to poor self-esteem, lack of resilience and a being at risk of exploitation.
• Linking young people into a local club, gym or other sport following the end of the programme.
• Youth Violence, Criminal Exploitation, Life Skills and a boxing programme using boxing and exercise as a hook to education around self-esteem, resilience and other essential life skills such as consequential thinking, emotion regulation and communication.
• A maximum of 10 Delegates to increasing their ability to make good decisions, increased interest, desire for healthy living, participation in sport and increase in self-esteem. Young people that attend seven or more sessions will gain an ASDAN accreditation, medal, certificate and student booklet.
• 10 sessions on a weekly basis, with an additional session to present certificates and medals. Each sessions will run for 90 minutes.
Please contact Ricky-Joe Williams at Essex Youth Service for more details.