Update – Pond Chase Nursery planning application – 17th June 2016
A resolution to grant planning permission subject to the completion of a legal agreement and subject to recommended planning conditions was taken at the Development Committee of the 21st January 2016. The decision notice granting outline planning permission has now been issued and a copy of this is available to view using the ‘View Planning Applications’ link in the 'Links' tab
The Council has received a planning application from Charles Church for the erection of 70 dwellings, together with improvements to existing access, pedestrian access, car parking, landscaping, open space, and related works at Pond Chase Nursery, Folly Lane, Hockley. The exact site to which the proposal relates can be viewed online by following the link to the ‘Location Plan’ in the 'Documents' tab.
The proposal includes;
- Demolition of the existing buildings
- Improvements to existing access onto Folly Lane
- An area of play and open space
- Pedestrian access to Folly Lane
- Footpath/cycle link to land South of Windfield site
- Residential development for 70 dwellings incorporating:
- Market housing: 7 no. two bed houses, 14 no. three bed houses, 16 no. four bed houses and 8 no. five bed houses
- Affordable housing: 8 no. one bed houses, 5 no. one bed flats, 5 no. two bed houses, 1 no. two bed flat, 5 no. three bed houses, 1 no. four bed house
The application form, plans and other documentation submitted by the applicant can be viewed as individual items via the individual links under the black Documents tab.
You can also ask to view a hardcopy of the full application including all submitted documents and plans at the Council's reception in South Street, Rochford. The reception is open 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 5:00pm on Friday.
Your views on this application and comments can be sent either in writing (quoting reference 15/00599/FUL) or via the Council's online planning system using this link.
The scale of the proposed development is such that the application constitutes major development and will go to a Development Committee for determination. Once a date for consideration of the application at a Development Committee has been finalised, details will be published on the website.
Note: For Apple users: the application reference number on this page may appear to look like a link, but it is not.