Energy Efficiency

Most energy efficiency measures are simple and cheap to implement; in particular improving the insulation to your house. Whether you own or rent your home, there are various schemes to further reduce the cost, or to pay for this work completely if you are eligible for full funding.

The Energy Saving Trust Foundation gives impartial, accurate and independent advice to communities and households on how to reduce carbon emissions, how to use water more sustainably and how to save money on energy bills.

They can also advise on any grants that may be available for heating and insulation improvements.

Contact the Energy Saving Trust on 0300 123 1234 (national rate line).

Rochford District Council and Castlepoint Borough Council are working in partnership with Aran Services Ltd to help offer residents free and partially grant funded energy efficiency improvements such as loft and cavity wall insulation and new heating systems.

To obtain grant funding you must be a home owner - you must arrange a free home assessment with Aran Services Ltd, data protection is strictly observed.

Although Rochford District Council and Castlepoint Borough are working in partnership with Aran Services Ltd it is your choice as to who you contact to gain energy efficiency advise and you may wish to explore the services of similar providers for yourself.

For more information call Aran Services Ltd  01284 812520  or freephone  0800 5877795 Quote reference CPRH/17.2

How do I know if I'm in fuel poverty? - For more help and advice videos from NEA, please see the links in Related Content.