Single Occupier Discount
If you are the only person aged 18 or over living in your property you may be entitled to a 25% discount in your Council Tax.
To apply for this discount you can download an application form, see Related Content or call us on 01702 318197 or 01702 318198
If you are receiving this discount and some-one else moves in your property or a family member becomes 18 you must tell us immediately as this will affect your discount.
If you falsely claim this discount you may subject yourself to a financial penalty.
A full Council Tax bill assumes that your property is occupied by at least two persons aged 18 or over. We do not count some people when working out the number of adults living in a property. These include:
- Full time students, student nurses, apprentices and youth trainees
- 18 years olds for whom child benefit is payable
- School leavers until 1st November each year
- Patients resident in hospital
- People in residential care homes or nursing homes
- People in detention
- The severely mentally impaired
- Members of International Headquarters (usually diplomats)
- Members of religious communities
- People staying in certain hostels or night shelters
- Members of visiting forces who are neither British Citizens nor ordinarily resident in the UK
- Non British spouses of students
- People who care for someone who is not their husband or wife, partner or a child under 18
- Diplomats and persons working for certain International Headquarters
If you think you may be entitled to a discount call us on 01702 318197 or 01702 318198