- Planning Overview
- Building Control
- Planning Applications
- Changes to the General Development Procedure Order 1995 (GDPO) from 1 October 2010
- Comment on a Planning Application
- Discharge of Planning conditions
- Major Planning Applications
- Major Residential Planning Applications
- Make a Planning Application
- Monthly Applications Decisions Register
- Planning Appeal Information
- Planning Application Form (1App)
- Planning Pre-Application Advice
- View Planning Applications
- Weekly List of Planning Applications
- Weekly Parish Lists of Planning Applications
Major Planning Applications
We want to make sure that your application is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible. In order to ensure this is the case, we have prepared a series of documents that set out the level of service we aim to deliver on major applications and the help we require from you to enable us to achieve that goal.
Key to the successful handling of major applications is early contact with the planning department to discuss the details of the application prior to submission. We will do all that we can to ensure applications that have been subject to pre-application discussion are processed with the minimum of delay.
The requirement for a Section 106 agreement can often lead to delays in the issue of a decision notice; we have prepared draft unilateral agreements that can be used for simpler schemes and education contributions, where appropriate, and we would encourage the use of unilaterals wherever possible to avoid delays. In other circumstances, we will also consider the use of grampian style conditions to prevent schemes from being started until specified works, a minor highway improvement for example, are carried out by the developer.
Please contact the planning department for advice or assistance.
Planning: 01702 318191