Parking & Travel
- Parking and Travel Overview
- Bus Passes
- Community Transport
- Car Parks
- Street Lighting
- Street Naming and Numbering
- Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles
You are here
Rochford District Council provides over 1200 off-street car parking spaces in eleven Pay & Display car parks across the district. Operational times and tariffs for these car parks can be found via the Related Links section further down the page.
Payment options –
- Payment by credit/debit card – the ticket machines will allow you to pay using a ‘Chip & Pin’ verification facility, the same as when using your card for any other transaction.
- Wave and Pay – the machines will also accept those debit cards that have a chip fitted allowing contactless payments. This provides motorists with a speedier transaction for small payments without the need to enter a PIN number.
- Payment by mobile phone – the machines will display full details explaining how to pay using your mobile phone. You will also be able to receive a text message to remind you that your ticket is due to expire and allow you to top-up your ticket should you be delayed in returning to your vehicle. Please see related links below for more information and how to register.
- Linear charging – What this means is that if you do not have the exact coinage and have to ‘overpay’ for your chosen tariff, you will receive any extra paid as time on your ticket. This will be calculated relative to the next time-band and will mean our customers receive better value for money.
Condition of use -
Drivers are required to park wholly within a marked bay and purchase a ticket or parking session using one of the payment options. The ticket should be displayed clearly on the dashboard or windscreen of the vehicle to enable it to be checked by the Civil Enforcement Officers. The conditions shown on the information boards adjacent to the ticket machines must be complied with or a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
Blue Badge holders -
Blue Badge holders must display their badge when using one of the designated bays. Blue Badge holders are required to purchase and display a valid ticket unless their vehicles are granted motor tax exemption due to their disability. All Blue Badge holders may use the designated disabled bays or any other bay if these are unavailable.