- Planning Overview
- Building Control
- Planning Applications
- Changes to the General Development Procedure Order 1995 (GDPO) from 1 October 2010
- Comment on a Planning Application
- Discharge of Planning conditions
- Major Planning Applications
- Major Residential Planning Applications
- Hall Road Planning Application
- Planning Appeal Rectory Road / Main Road, South Hawkwell
- Brays Lane Planning Application - Updated
- Stambridge Mills planning application
- Land between Main Road and Rectory Road and Clements Hall Way, Hawkwell
- Land south of Coombes Farm planning application
- Star Lane Brickworks planning application
- Make a Planning Application
- Monthly Applications Decisions Register
- Planning Appeal Information
- Planning Application Form (1App)
- Planning Pre-Application Advice
- View Planning Applications
- Weekly List of Planning Applications
- Weekly Parish Lists of Planning Applications
Stambridge Mills planning application
The Council has received a planning application from ILD (Stanbridge) Limited for the development of the Stambridge Mills site. The site is at the end of Mill Lane, Rochford abutting part of the northern bank of the River Roach.
The proposal includes the:
- Demolition of all existing buildings on the site
- Construction of 45 new houses (2 and 3 storey comprising 17 x 2-bedroom units, 23 x 3-bedroom units and 5 x 4-bedroom units
- Construction of 4 blocks of flats (3 and 4 storey including undercroft) containing 51 flats comprising 17 x 1-bedroom units and 34 x 2-bedroom units
- Associated landscaping, car parking, cycle parking, and servicing access
- Construction of improved flood defences comprising landscaped bunds, sea wall & sheet pile wharf edge
- Diversion of existing bridleway.
The application form, plans and submitted documentation can be viewed as individual items via the individual links below under the Related Documents heading (near the bottom of the page).
You can also ask to view a hardcopy of the full application including all submitted documents and plans at the Council's reception in South Street, Rochford. The reception is open 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 5:00pm on Friday.
Your views on this application and comments can be sent either in writing (quoting reference 11/00494/FUL) or via the council's online planning system, a link for the system is near the bottom of the page.
If you would like to submit your comments online please use the link at the bottom of the page to the Council's planning system. To find the application you will need to enter the following reference 11/00494/FUL into the application search facility.
The scale of the proposed development is such that the application constitutes major development. Consequently the period of consideration of this application is 13 weeks and the application will go to a Development Committee for determination. Once a date for consideration of the application at a Development Committee has been decided, details will be published on the website.