- Planning Overview
- Building Control
- Planning Applications
- Changes to the General Development Procedure Order 1995 (GDPO) from 1 October 2010
- Comment on a Planning Application
- Discharge of Planning conditions
- Major Planning Applications
- Major Residential Planning Applications
- Make a Planning Application
- Monthly Applications Decisions Register
- Planning Appeal Information
- Planning Application Form (1App)
- Planning Pre-Application Advice
- View Planning Applications
- Weekly List of Planning Applications
- Weekly Parish Lists of Planning Applications
Comment on a Planning Application
If you have been consulted on a planning application and wish to register a representation about the proposal it is possible to do so electronically through the Council's website. Simply click on the link in the Related Links section below, enter the application number which you would like to comment on and then click the 'search' button. Click on the address. Click on submit comments about this application. Enter your details and comments.
Alternatively, you can also submit comments by email, but if you choose this route, please quote the application number printed at the top of the consultation letter, the location of the site, together with your own name and address details and your reasons for objecting to or supporting the application. Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objections to planning proposals should be based on material planning considerations. If you are not sure about the reasons that you might give, then a guidance leaflet is available below to provide you with some advice.
You should be aware that all letters received from consultees are available for public inspection via the Rochford website. Any comments you make will be fully considered, although only comments relating to the planning merits of the proposal may influence the decision.