Business & Licensing
- Business & Licensing Overview
- Business Consultations
- Business Continuity
- Business Rates
- Business Representative Organisations
- Business Support
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Selling to the Council
Food Alerts are issued by the Food Standards Agency to inform the public, local authorities and the food industry about potentially dangerous food.
Environmental Health and Trading Standards Departments receive the warnings and take the appropriate action where necessary. This may include:
- issuing a local press release;
- mailshoting relevant businesses in the district;
- telephoning or
- visiting businesses to check the product has been withdrawn from sale.
Further details about the national food alert system and details of all food alerts can be found at The Food Standards Agency website in Related Links below.
If you need any further information, please contact us using the link in the black tab near the top of the page.